Just Sayin’ as we Ramp Up to RSA
If you are like me, I wake each morning and review my flurry of emails and make multiple cups of the strongest coffee I can (albeit, I go the #DeathWishCoffee route), but security media are waking to literally hundreds, if not thousands of RSA emails.
Just sayin’ that there might be a few simple tips as we
start each day with RSA media in mind:
- Make your email individual and personalized (or DM them through Twitter)
- Check what they wrote about in the past 24-48 hours (if nothing, perhaps review what they Tweet’ed or Posted)
- Make your point in the first 1-2 sentences (aim for above-the-fold)
- Have what you are offering available – (timing/calendars, final collateral, and even locations to meet)
- Get reservations at off-site locations early (which actually applies more to point #4 above)
RSA isn’t speed dating – build that relationship, and most important, keep it going well past RSA.