I keep reading about the vital importance of content, however, I still see major mistakes being made with those whom claim to be Content Experts.
You have designed a perfect Infographic, but have you paid attention to the audience that will view/read it + have a clear call to action? I see too many content strategists putting lengthy text into an InfoGRAPHIC which amounts to as much sense as a four page, 1,700 word press release.
Here are my Top 7 Tips for ‘sticky’ Technology Infographics:
- WHO WILL BE READING/VIEWING IT AND HAVE YOU DESIGNED IT SO THERE IS A CALL TO ACTION FOR THAT AUDIENCE/PERSON?
- Keep it visual—go easy on the text (an entire pass through should take >15 seconds)
- Use no more than 2-3 colors (too many colors distracts from the graphs of data).
- Keep the results clear
- Break up your themes with strong headers
- Have a clear Call-To-Action
- Turn it into a video
Happy designing and ping me for samples if you get stumped.